27 Feb The Deck at The Lexicon approved
Bracknell agrees the Deck at The Lexicon
Funding for the next phase of the Lexicon has been approved by Bracknell Forest Council’s executive along with plans to progress schemes for up to 500 town centre flats.
At its February 13 meeting, the committee backed a proposal to put £4.5 million into the development of 19,000 sq ft of retail/restaurants in a new section to be called The Deck. The development, on the site of the vacant Bentalls store, will connect The Lexicon with Princess Square- which itself will be refurbished – and offer up to 11 new units.
The Deck at The Lexicon forms part of the £240m regeneration of Bracknell Town Centre.
- Ideally located between the M3, M4 and close to the M25.
- £11.4m investment in to public transport and road links makes the location even more accessible.
- catchment area includes towns of Ascot, Wokingham, Maidenhead, Henley and Bagshot.
- Nearby attractions include Ascot Racecourse, Coral Reef, Waterworld, Legoland.
FACTS & STATS ABOUT THE LEXICON
- £510k Bracknell residents– By 2021 910k residents will live in Bracknell’s catchment.
- 10, 780 new homes are planned to be built in Bracknell by 2026.
- Bracknell shopping population – By 2021 the town’s shopper population is expected to have quadrupled (from 37k to 151k).
- £240 million invested by Bracknell Regeneration Partnership.
- 87,000 working population within Bracknell catchment.
- 1 million sq.ft commercial space – 600,000 sq ft of new space being created.
- No 1 digital labour force in the UK – Including Dell, Siemens and Honeywell.
If you would like to speak to one of our commercial agency team about retail space in the Bracknell area please click here or call us on 01344 311344.