27 Feb The Deck, Lexicon Bracknell approved
Funding for The Deck, Lexicon Bracknell
Page Hardy Harris are delighted that funding for the next phase – The Deck, Lexicon Bracknell has been approved by Bracknell Forest Council’s executive along with plans to progress schemes for up to 500 town centre flats.
At its February 13 meeting, the committee backed a proposal to put £4.5 million into the development of 19,000 sq ft of retail/restaurants in a new section to be called The Deck. The development, on the site of the vacant Bentalls store, will connect The Lexicon with Princess Square- which itself will be refurbished – and offer up to 11 new units.
The Deck, Lexicon Bracknell forms part of the £240m regeneration of Bracknell Town Centre.
Our Bracknell retail agency team have seen an increase in the number of retail instructions as a result. All the units at West View on Market Street have been let, we are currently marketing the adjacent Alston House and one of the retail units on Bracknell’s High Street.
Hannah Taylor Brewin, Senior Surveyor – Bracknell office, has been dealing with a number of these retail instructions.
” The success of the regeneration project is demonstrated in the footfall. By 2021 Bracknell’s shopper population will have increased four fold from 37K to 151K.”
FACTS & STATS ABOUT THE LEXICON
- £510k Bracknell residents– By 2021 910k residents will live in Bracknell’s catchment.
- 10, 780 new homes are planned to be built in Bracknell by 2026.
- Bracknell shopping population – By 2021 the town’s shopper population is expected to have quadrupled (from 37k to 151k).
- £240 million invested by Bracknell Regeneration Partnership.
- 87,000 working population within Bracknell catchment.
- 1 million sq.ft commercial space – 600,000 sq ft of new space being created.
- No 1 digital labour force in the UK – Including Dell, Siemens and Honeywell.
If you would like to speak to one of our retail agency team in Bracknell please click here or call us on 01344 311344.
Contributor: Hannah Taylor Brewin